Dawn east of Green Mountain Lake. The small lake where we shot the reflection photos the day before did not have a name. The mine next to it was called the Green Mountain Mine because of the green stone mined at the quarry. Green Mountain Lake seemed logical.
Clark and Jo Ann watching the sun rise.
ViceGrips been waiting to be used after their owner placed them on the rock?
Flimsies were used to carry gasoline before WWII but during the war both the US and British armies began to use "Jerry" cans after seeing their use by the German Wehrmacht.
Johnson Brothers tableware.
Mindat.com this was part of the Condor Group of claims. First recorded claim was in 1945 and the main commodity reported was copper although we found evidence of turquoise mining. Elmo Proctor's name surfaced in the claim report. He operated a service station at the south end of East Cronese Lake from the 1920's to 40's.